Closed 3rd April – Open 11th April
Closed 20th July – Open 27th July
Closed 26th Oct – Open 2nd Nov
Closed 21st Dec – Open 4th Jan
Terms and Conditions
- Please use the chairs provided and refrain from standing around the poolside
- Parents/guardians must only enter changing rooms of their own gender
- Children aged eight years and above are to use the changing rooms of their gender only
- Please keep children in the changing rooms/foyer before their lesson commences to avoid any potential hazards
- Please keep noise to a minimum whilst lessons are in progress
- All jewellery must be removed whilst in the water
- Parents/guardians are responsible for taking their child to the toilet during lesson time
- There is NO running poolside
- Please refrain from eating poolside
- Respect the facility, teachers, staff and fellow customers/swimmers – we do not tolerate bullying or verbal abuse of any kind
- There is to be no videoing, photography or use of mobile phones poolside unless strict authorisation has been given by Swim Stars
- Swim Stars cannot be held responsible for the loss of any personal belongings
- Swim Stars reserve the right to alter/amend any terms and conditions as it sees fit
- Membership fees are to be paid monthly, on the same date each month
- If paying by cheque please send to either Bingley Head office, or to the Cragg vale venue with your child’s name on the reverse of the cheque
- In the event lessons are cancelled, we may be able to offer you an alternative lesson. If not then a refund will be issued.
- We have five predetermined weeks holiday during the calendar year. They can be found as above.
- We cannot account for personal holidays; however should your child miss lessons for more than 3 weeks due to medical reasons you should inform the office and provide a doctor’s note. Your membership can then be suspended and your child’s place kept open for when they are fit to return.
If you wish to cancel your child’s place and standing order, you must give us at least 30 days written notice
- How long are the lessons?
The lessons are either 30mins or 45mins long dependent on ability. Generally 45mins lessons are for swimmers who have progressed to lengths.
- How can I pay for my swimming lessons?
Membership is payable monthly by standing order.
- What age can my child start swimming lessons?
We recommend starting lessons from 2 ½ - 3 Years onwards, depending on the individual child.
- How long will my child swim with you?
Your child can work their way through a series of awards right up to the STA Bronze, Silver & Gold scheme of and beyond. There is no limit.
- How long will it take for my child to swim?
Every child progresses at a different rate so it would be impossible to predict how long learning to swim can take. However, children who swim regularly outside of lessons, with parents for example, tend to progress quicker
- Do you offer adult lessons?
Adult lessons can be arranged to suit the needs and requirements of the customer. Please contact us to find out what options are available in your area. We also offer Adult and Child lessons too!
- Do you give badges and certificates?
Yes. We follow the STA (Swimming Teacher Association) badge scheme. Badges are awarded to children who have achieved every 12 weeks.